Viral content is the new goal all companies want to achieve through their marketing work. McDonald’s has actually succeeded in this endeavor recently. However, the controversial photo was not sent from the headquarters, and its story was not something the advertising team would have ever agreed with. The author of the image of a disgusting ice cream machine was actually an employee of the company.
McDonald’s Unit in China Was the First to Respond to the Viral Content
One of the most popular chains of fast food at a global level received a heavy hit from their own staff members recently. Social media was served with a series of viral photos that show a pretty ugly sight. The location was a U.S. outlet of McDonald’s Corp. The images that a McDonald’s employee took baffled executives and urged them to take swift action.
On Wednesday, the company’s unit in China, which is the most fruitful market for McDonald’s at this hour, released a statement on their official website. The board reassured customers that they are enjoying a clean and safe environment whenever they choose their services and products.
The official text reported that all Chinese restaurants under the brand of McDonald’s receive disinfected treatment for their ice cream machine on a daily basis. The culprit of this turmoil for the company is an 18-year-old boy named Nick. He was working at a McDonald’s outlet before he posted the controversial pictures.
The Teenage Employee Posted the Photos of the Disgusting Ice Cream Machine Well Aware of the Consequences
What happened was that Nick was just learning from his manager how to refill the ice cream machine. When he dropped some chunks of the dessert on the floor, the teenager looked in the tray inside the equipment. He discovered that the container was actually full of mold and old ice cream. On July 14, he twitted the infamous content which received 13,000 retweets soon afterward.
On the other hand, Nick was aware of the consequences of his actions as the work contract informed him. However, he chose to go ahead with his decision to let people know what they are eating. McDonald’s U.S. response was that the one location doesn’t reflect the safety conditions from all their other restaurants as well. On top of that, the tray showed in the pictures enters in contact at no point with the dessert their customers enjoy.
Image source: 1