Always in competitive mode, Verizon is launching “Connection Day”, which involves offering pre-black Friday freebies to everyone. As the largest wireless carrier in the country, Verizon announced that loads of free goodies will be given away to include audio books, movies, Wi-Fi, streaming video, and more.
The big event will take place on November 26, Thanksgiving eve. The best part of “Connection Day” is that in order to receive free things, an individual does not have to be a current Verizon customer. To pull this off, Verizon joined forces with a number of top retailers such as Amazon, Apple, Gogo Technologies, JetBlue, Boingo Wireless, Conde Nast, and Pandora.
The most prized goodies that Verizon will give away free include:
- Mobile access to the most popular television shows and movies by downloading the free FiOS Preview application
- Special iTunes from Apple
- Selection of 10 free discounted applications, as well as two free downloadable audible books for new members and a $10 audible credit for current Verizon members
- 30-minute internet sessions via Boingo Wireless while at airports and Gogo Technologies when in the air
- Digital edition downloads of 17 Conde Nast Publications such as GQ, Vanity Fair, and Wired
- Seven-day trial of Pandora One
As part of “Connection Day”, a website has been set up by Verizon allowing consumers to look at all the various deals being offered. In addition, consumers can sign up for an alert when deals become available. For customers of Verizon who sign up, 1GB of shareable data will be applied instantly to the mobile device account. In addition, members will receive another 1GB on the next billing cycle.
In a statement from Ken Dixon, vice president of marketing for Verizon Wireless, as the holiday season nears, the company wants to show appreciation to customers. Verizon hopes that not just customers but everyone will take advantage of the special offers being given out and perhaps learn some new things about their wireless device.