On Monday, a toxicology report from Prince’s autopsy surfaced. According to a large number of experts, it showed that the legendary singer had “exceedingly high” amounts of fentanyl in his body when he died. It’s worth remembering that on April 21, 2016, Prince was found unconscious inside an elevator at his Paisley Park estate. He was 57-years old when he sadly passed away. The data that the authorities released about six weeks after his passing said that the cause of death was an accidental fentanyl overdose. For those unfamiliar with this substance, it’s a synthetic opioid which is about 50 times more powerful and dangerous than heroin.
Now, this confidential and new toxicology report provides some insight into the level of fentanyl that Prince actually had in his body. According to certain experts who are unrelated to this case, the enormous amount that was found in his system undoubtedly killed him. According to Dr. Lewis Nelson, he had incredibly high amounts of fentanyl in his body. It was too much even for someone suffering from chronic pain and addicted to fentanyl patches. Clearly, that is what eventually killed the Purple Rain singer.
New Prince toxicology report emerges
According to the new report, the fentanyl concentration in Prince’s blood was 67.8 micrograms/liter. This is extremely much, considering how deaths have occurred in patients with concentrations of three to 58 micrograms/liter. In his liver, he reportedly had about 450 micrograms/liter. Taking into account that a concentration of 69 or greater is already considered fatal, it’s crystal clear what killed the legendary artist.
Moreover, he also had a fatal amount of the drug in his stomach. This means that Prince also took fentanyl orally, while the concentrations in his liver and stomach suggest that it also had time to travel before it killed him. According to search warrants which the authorities released, the artist had a lot of containers with various pills around his home.
Image source: wikimedia