Eight children developed bacterial infections after they went to a Children’s Dental Group location, in Anaheim. According to the Orange County Health Care Agency, seven of those eight children were hospitalized. It seems that they suffer from a bacteria that causes infection of the soft tissues or bone. All the children received a root canal procedure at a dental office, between May 3 and August 2, this year.
The big issue is that the authorities are expecting more cases. This happens because it takes time before the virus can be discovered and the practice continued his activity until September 6. The dental office is now trying to discover what was the cause of the infection. Health officials think that it could be connected with the water that was used.
The good news is that no other cases have been found at other dental offices from the Children’s Dental Group. The most important thing is that those patients who had a root canal since May 3 should come in for a test. The infection can be really dangerous if it not treated.
Sam Gruenbaum, the CEO of Children’s Dental Group, said that they want to protect the health of their patients. That is why they will begin to test their equipment, water, and all other things that could lead to an infection. If you are not feeling good or your child has been at that dental office, you have to call the Orange County Health Care Agency.
Parents are really angry about this and they think their license should be revoked. According to Cecilia Roman, the mother of a child who is exposed to infection, said that she went to have her child’s teeth cleaned and they pulled three teeth without asking her. This happened in June, so the child could be infected.
The authorities promised to discover who is responsible for what happened and how clean was the water the dental office used for its patients. There were hundreds of people who were exposed during these months and parents should pay attention if they are not feeling good.The Children’s Dental is not doing that procedure as long as they do not know if it is safe for the children.
What do you think about this situation? Who is responsible for what happened and how many people will discover they were infected?
Image source: Wikipedia